- COG SCI 207 Introduction to Cognitive Modeling:
- Instructor: Kenneth Forbus (Computer Science)
- Introduction to artificial intelligence and cognitive science from a nontechnical perspective. Fundamental questions concerning thinking, beliefs, language understanding, education, and creativity.
- COG SCI 210 Language and the Brain
- Instructors: Matt Goldrick (Linguistics) & Mark Beeman (Psychology)
- The study of language and its biological basis from linguistic, psychological, and neuroscientific perspectives.
- COG SCI 211 Learning, Representation and Reasoning
- Instructor: Dedre Gentner (Psychology)
- Interdisciplinary study of the nature of the mind with emphasis on learning, representation, and reasoning.
- COG SCI 366 Cognitive Science Proseminar (2 sections)
- Instructor: David Rapp (Psychology)
- New and ongoing research in the field by Northwestern faculty.
Prerequisite: consent of instructor.